Where is the best place to buy kettlebells?
Comparing pricing of 45lb kettlebells (pictures are of different weights):
- Walmart (~ $0.67 per pound): Cap Kettlebell Value Pack
- Currently, selling a combination of 40,45, or 50 for $87.
- Walmart also carries lighter size 3-packs
- Qualifies for free ship-to-home over $50
- Unfortunately, a lot of sizes are not in stock**
- Unfortunately, heaviest only 50lbs***
- Amazon (~1.03 per pound):(Single) Solid Cast Iron Kettbell (15 LB) – ²K1VVZ
- more price variance between sizes
- a few bad reviews mixed
- weird, non-spherical shape for bigger sizes
- black oily finish according to some reviews
- Amazon (~$1.33 per pound): Cap Barbell 35-Pound Kettlebell
- Occasionally will drop to $1 per pound or less
- At one point, 70lb kettlebell for $23 could be had
- If you can wait for a deal, you can put pricewatches on camelcamelcamel.com.
*Free 45lb-er -> Ok, obviously nothing is free, but if you buy 3 45lb kettlebells from walmart, you can keep one and sell the other 2 on craigslist for $45, thus making your money back.
**Along with the first point, you can mix and match what they have in stock and sell off what you don’t want or give to friends =). If you don’t feel like the extra work, the other 2 options might be of interest to you.
***Need heavier bells? We’ve found it very difficult to find heavier bells for good prices. Here’s an option if you just want to do heavy kettlebell swings. Hungarian core-blaster. Currently half priced at $50 ($8 shipping for me). Yes, you can make your own from piping for about $20, but the plans are for standard plates, and just not sure we’d feel safe about swing 100+ lbs on a homemade device.